This six-hour class features various ways to add texture to tapestries, beginning with materials, followed by techniques such as simple Soumak, Twining, and Knots.
Instructor: Kennita Tully
Length: 1 Day
Materials Fee: $15, covers participant kit and various textured yarns
Skill Level: Beginner to Advanced; you need to have a basic knowledge of weaving and come with a warped loom.
Equipment & Supplies to Bring:
- Pre-warped tapestry loom (8 epi and a width of 4 to 6 inches)
- Weft yarn appropriate for 8 epi.
- Any textured or unusual yarn you want to try out (optional)
- Notebook for notes and ideas/thoughts/questions
- Pen or pencil for notes
- Hand beater
- Bobbins if you use them
- Sharpie (permanent ink) marker