Instructor: Marilou Schulz
Length: 3 Days
Skill Level: Beginner, no previous experience required
- Introduction of Class & Start Weaving – Go over materials and tools. NOTE: Warp will be prepared in advance by instructor and already on the loom. (See materials fee)
- Discuss designs, colors, and plan for a design
- Start the weaving process
- Participants will continue weaving on their projects.
- By the end of 2nd day- I will demonstrate how to weave stripes with weaving interlocks in making vertical lines
NOTE: those who want the challenge can start working with diagonals.
- Participants would have had time to work on the weaving on their own
- Discuss weaving techniques and help participants problem-solve
- Continue the weaving process -open topics for help
- Demonstrate and/or Interlocks and problem solve with dips and hills in weavings.
- Demonstrate: Finishing a rug and taking it off the loom.
Materials Fee: $110 per student, which covers a loom and about 4 oz of size 0 yarn
Loom (about 20” high by 15”) — warp will be prepared in advance; dowels, warp, and rope; plus a finishing needle.
Equipment & Supplies to Bring:
- Weaving Batten and Weaving Comb (instructor will provide the source for buying these in advance)
- Optional:Pillow to sit on the floor, if you prefer.